Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a disorder characterized by hormonal imbalance, irregular menstrual periods, excess hair growth, and obesity. Women with PCOS typically have numerous cysts on the ovaries. PCOS is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age, affecting an estimated 5–10 percent of the Indian population.
In PCOS, the body produces an excess amount of androgens, and the ratio of luteinizing hormone to the follicle-stimulating hormone is abnormally high. Ovulation occurs less frequently, or the ovaries don’t release eggs at all. In the absence of ovulation, the menstrual cycle is irregular or absent, and cysts containing immature eggs form on the ovaries. This causes the ovaries to enlarge.
What is Biosol?
- scientifically formulated plant-based protein to promote menstrual regularity and normal ovarian function.
- a blend of high-quality Pea protein along with Myo-inositol and D-chiro inositol click here to buy Biosol Powder
Benefits of BIOSOL Natural Protein in PCOS
Clinical Research studies show that a high-protein/low-carb diet can be beneficial in a number of ways in PCOS:
- Help boost metabolism: All foods have a thermic effect, meaning they increase the rate of metabolism and the amount of calories burned. The thermic effect of protein is between 15% and 30%, far greater than that of carbohydrates (5% to 10%) or fats (0% to 3%). Eating more protein can increase the number of calories burned per day by as many as 100.
- Control appetite: Protein stimulates the production of cholecystokinin, glucagon-like peptide 1, and peptide YY, hormones that are involved in satiety, helping to reign in appetite and reduce cravings.
- Improve blood sugar control: All foods trigger a glycemic response in which blood sugar (glucose) levels increase. Because protein is digested slowly, its impact on blood sugar is relatively low. A 2019 study in Diabetologia reported that adults with type 2 diabetes who followed a high-protein diet for six weeks had reductions in both postprandial (post-eating) and fasting glucose levels.
- Temper the insulin response: Protein stimulates the release of glucagon, a hormone that raises blood glucose levels and counteracts the action of insulin. The right amount of protein can help balance the levels of glucagon and insulin in the blood.
- Research looking at the effects of a high-protein diet on PCOS has been promising. For example, a 2012 study from Denmark reported that women with PCOS who followed such a diet for six months lost an average of nine pounds of body fat.
- Similar results were seen in a 2012 study from Iran in which 60 overweight women with PCOS who followed a diet made up of 30% protein not only lost weight but also had lower testosterone levels and improved insulin sensitivity.
- There is evidence, to suggest that increasing the amount of protein in the diet from 15% of calories to 30% or even more than 40% may be highly beneficial in PCOS.
- This is along the top end of recommendations by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) that women 19 and over get 10% to 35% or more of their daily calories from protein supplementation.
- According to a 2014 study in the Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics, that increasing the amount of protein in the diet from 15% of calories to 30% or even more than 40% can improve insulin sensitivity, hyperandrogenism (high testosterone), menstrual function, and fertility in women with PCOS.
BENEFITS OF BIOSOL
- Promotes normal hormone and lipid levels for regular menstrual cycles.
- promotes egg quality.
- Increases progesterone level
- Increases SHBG (sex hormone-binding globulin)
- Lowers testosterone levels
- Improves insulin sensitivity
- Decreases luteinizing hormone
- Induces weight loss
- Effective in managing hirsutism
- Prevents gestational diabetes
- Prevents Spina Bifida
Biosol powder Vs other BRANDS
- Provides complete 4gm of m-inositol/day which is the min recommended dosage whereas most of the products available in the market contain 500-1000mg which means the patient gets max 2gm/day
- High-Quality Pea based protein, one of the best plant-based proteins for PCOS
- Contains Synergistic action of inositols with protein, folic acid with more than 25 vitamins like Vitamin D, Magnesium, Zinc etc
DIRECTION OF USE
1st month: 4 scoops (20gms) mixed in a glass of water, twice a day with breakfast and dinner.
2nd & 3rd month: 4 scoops (20gms) mixed in a glass of water, once a day with breakfast.
Each dose of 20gms (4scoops) provides 2000 mg of Myo-inositol